The historical tour of Bucharest is perfect for first time visitors and veteran travelers as well. The tour revolves around the historic center of Bucharest, with visits to various museums and historic sites. Some portions of the tour will allow you to walk the streets of this busy city and get acquainted with its many shops and art galleries. Drive by the Romanian Athenaeum, the former Royal Palace (stop a while in the Revolution Square), the Town Hall, the Opera House, visit the Cotroceni Palace, short stop in front of the Military Academy, visit the Palace of Parliament- the second largest building in the world, being surpassed only by the Pentagon building in Washington, pass by the University Square. Passing through Union Square climb the Hill of the Patriarchate to visit one of the most beautiful orthodox churches in Romania. Founded by Prince Constantin Serban in 1658, it became afterwards the head of the Romanian Orthodox church. The tour must include a visit to the Old Princely Court. Bucharest’s ‘birth certificate’ is the chart issued by Vlad the Impaler (better known under the name of Dracula) in 1459. Though it appears that previous fortifications existed, as the archaeological excavations have shown, the specialists considered that it was him who built a princely court here, whose ruins can be seen today in the old part of the city. Continue to the University Square driving by old churches and buildings, reach Romana Square and return to the hotel. (This tour lasts about 5 h)
Rates/ person in EURO
1 pax 2 pax 3-5 pax 6-10 pax over 10 pax*
100 73 69 63 60
- transportation by private car or minibus
- English speaking guide assistance
- entrance fees to the museums included in the program
OPTIONALS (during the sightseeing tour):
- visit to the Synagogue/Choral Temple Euro 9.-/pax
- visit to the Village and Folk Art Museum - (1h) Euro 9.-/pax
- visit to the Treasury at the History Museum (1h) Euro 9.-/pax
- visit to the Mogosoaia Palace (2h) Euro 11.-/pax
- visit Cernica Monastery (~16 km from downtown- 2 h) Euro 11.-/pax
- visit Caldarusani Monastery (~20 km from downtown-2 h) Euro 11.-/pax
- Lunch at a local restaurant (3 course menu) Euro 17.-/pax
- Shopping during the city tour – 1 h Euro 3 -15/pax
- additional for French/Italian/German/Spanish speaking guide Euro 20-1/2day
* For more than 12 persons/group rates special discounts will be granted.
Rates are land only, per person.
Museums are closed on Monday. The National Museum of History is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
* ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. QUOTED RATES ARE GUARANTEED NOT TO CHANGE ONLY IF A DEPOSIT WAS RECEIVED FOR SERVICES.